Wednesday, September 11, 2013

PULL & BEAR!!!!

 THIS LABEL IS LOVE. A few weeks ago I died and wound up in hipster heaven - not that I'm an ombre haired, Oliver Peoples person with an ironic disposition and far too many pairs of black skinny jeans and (or) creepers, a fringe, red lipstick, and bulky cable knit circa 1980. I don't freak out at the sight of a fucking triangle and I don't roll my own cigarettes, I also don't have anything against hipsters. If I were cool enough to rock out in all denim I'd probably be one... Which brings me back to Pull & Bear. If the name weren't on-trend enough, the tartan and distressed denim mishmash that cascaded on steel racks against the walls should suffice. Fortunately, the only thing non-hipster were the prices (surprisingly affordable) and most of the customers... Ah, more irony.  

I can't remember what music was playing but it was probably something too-cool like Alt J, and, one minute I was trying on a jacket, my quasi-hipster being released and the next, I was trying to convince myself that by buying stuff I was really buying a prolonged experience. Needless to say, I exited the store with a lot less cash and a much bigger ego. Dammit!









No comments:

Post a Comment